Vivo has announced Y5s, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in China. It has a 6.53-inch Full HD+ display with about 90.3% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by the latest MediaTek Helio P65 12nm SoC with 6GB of RAM, sports a 16MP primary sensor with f/1.78 aperture+ 8MP ultrawide sensor and an 2MP macro sensor, as well as a 16MP front-facing camera.
In has a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a 5000mAh battery with support for Vivo’s 18W Dual Engine fast charging, but it has a micro USB port.
Vivo Y5s specifications
- 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio P65 (MT6768) (4x Cortex-A75 @ 2.0 GHz
4x Cortex-A55 @ 2.0 GHz) 12nm processor with ARM Mali-G52 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 128GB storage, expandable up to 256GB with micoSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with Funtouch OS 9
- Dual SIM
- 16MP primary sensor with Sony IMX499 sensor, f/1.78 aperture + 8MP 120° ultrawide sensor with f/2.2 aperture+ 2MP 4cm macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5 mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 162.15 × 76.47 × 8.89mm; Weight: 193g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac dual-band, Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS, micro USB port
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 18W fast charging
The Vivo Y5s comes in Blue Black and Green colors, is priced at 1498 yuan (US$ 214 / Rs. 15,230 approx.) and will go on sale in China soon.