ASUS launched the 6Z smartphone with Flip camera in India back in June this year and it shipped with Android 9.0 (Pie) with ZenUI 6. The rollout of Android 10 update has started by many OEMs and the latest to join is ASUS 6Z smartphone as the company has now started rolling out Android 10 update in India.
ASUS 6Z (ZS630KL) latest update brings the upgrade to Android 10 operating system. Android 10 update brings a system-wide dark theme, smart app support on messages, gesture-based UI navigation, enhanced security and privacy, and this update also upgrades the Google Play services. However, this update doesn’t include November security patch and the smartphone is still running on October security patch.
The update carries firmware number 17.1810.1910.63_M18.104.22.168_20191028 and is being rolled out in a phased manner. Users who wish to downgrade the software back to Android 9 (Pie), can download the downgrade firmware files from ASUS support webpage.
- Dark Theme: Android 10 now offers an ‘Android official’ full system-wide dark theme across the User Interface.
- Smart App support on messages – This new feature suggests set of actions, like opening Maps if an address is sent, or Calendar if it recognizes a date, and eliminates basically the need to copy text links and paste it in the appropriate app manually.
- Fully gesture-based UI navigation – You can now completely do away with the onscreen navigation keys for a more dynamic gesture-based UI navigation. It also helps apps occupy the full size of the display.
- Better Privacy and Security – Android 10 brings in the latest measures to uphold your privacy and security, and will offer faster security updates to your device in the future.
- Updated Google Play services – The ASUS 6z Android 10 update also upgrades the Google Play services for better app experiences.