HUAWEI has announced Nova 5z, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in China, which is the cheaper version of the Nova 5i Pro which was introduced back in July. It has a 6.26-inch Full HD+ display with a 32-megapixel in-screen camera, is powered by Kirin 810 7nm SoC with 6GB RAM, runs Android Pie with EMUI 9.1, has a 48-megapixel rear camera, 8-megapixel ultra-wide sensor, 2-megapixel camera for 2cm macro and another 2-megapixel camera for depth sensing in portrait shots.
It has a gradient back and packs a 4000mAh battery with support for 20W fast charging that can charge the phone up to 50% in 30 minutes.
HUAWEI Nova 5z specifications
- 6.26-inch (2340×1080 pixels) Full HD+ IPS display, DCI-P3 wide color gamut
- Octa-Core Kirin 810 7nm (2x 2.27GHz Cortex-A76 +6 x 1.88GHz Cortex-A55) processor with ARM Mali-G52 MP6 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB / 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.1
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 48MP rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 8MP Ultra Wide Angle lens, 2MP f/1.75 aperture camera for macro, 2MP f/2.4 aperture camera for depth sensing
- 32MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.1×73.9×8.3; Weight: 178g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (mAh) battery with 20W fast charging
The HUAWEI Nova 5z comes in Aurora Blue, Emerald Green and Midnight Black colors and is priced at 1599 yuan (US$ 226 / Rs. 16,030 approx.) for the 64GB version and the 128GB version costs 1799 yuan. It is available for order in China and goes on sale from November 1st.