TECNO has today launched its latest CAMON 12 Air smartphone in India and it comes after the launch of TECNO Phantom 9 recently, TECNO CAMON i4 earlier this year, etc. The CAMON 12 Air comes with a triple rear camera system and this time around, it comes with an in-screen front camera, Android 9 Pie and more.
TECNO CAMON 12 Air flaunts a 6.55-inch 20:9 HD+ display with a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels, a screen-to-body ratio of 90.3% and 500 nits of brightness. It is powered by an octa-core MediaTek Helio P22 processor paired with 4GB RAM with 64GB storage. It has a glass-like finish to the back with a gradient design and the smartphone runs on Android 9 Pie on top of TECNO’s HiOS 5.5.
Regarding the optics, TECNO CAMON 12 Air sports a triple rear camera setup and is a combination of 16MP(primary lens with f/1.8 aperture)+5MP (wide-angle lens)+2MP (macro lens) along with a quad-LED flash module. There is an 8MP in-screen camera with 81-degree wide-angle lens and f/2.0 aperture. Apart from this, the camera app has various AI modes to enhance the photos. There is a fingerprint scanner as well and there is also support for Face unlock. This smartphone packs a 4000mAh battery and claims to deliver 12 hours of video playback.
TECNO CAMON 12 Air specifications
- 6.55-inch (720 x 1600 pixels) HD+ 20:9 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P22 12nm processor (MT6762) with 650MHz IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with HiOS 5.5
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 16MP(primary lens with f/1.8 aperture)+5MP (wide-angle lens)+2MP (macro lens), quad-LED flash
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Anti Oil Fingerprint Sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/A-GPS
- 4000mAh battery
Pricing and Availability
TECNO CAMON 12 Air comes in Bay Blue and Stellar Purple colour options, is priced at Rs. 9999, and is available to buy from offline stores.
Commenting on the launch, Arijeet Talapatra, CEO, Transsion India, said:
Tecno Camon 12 Air is currently holding the crown of bringing the most affordable ‘Dot in-display’ in the offline space. We are confident that with this new festive product portfolio, we will amaze the consumer and consolidate our brand position among Top 5 offline smartphone brands of India under Rs. 10,000-segment.