TECNO Mobile has launched the CAMON i4 smartphone, its latest smartphone with triple rear cameras that includes a primary 13-megapixel camera, 2-megapixel secondary camera and an 8-megapixel 120° ultra-wide sensor. It sports a 6.2-inch HD+ Dot Notch 19.5:9 aspect ratio display with 88.6% screen-to-body ratio, 16MP AI selfie camera with 6-level AI beauty mode that scans up to 228 facial points for giving more real selfies, comes with anti-oil fingerprint sensor and has AI Face Unlock.
The TECNO CAMON i4 smartphone is powered by the MediaTek Helio A22 SoC clocked for the 2GB or 3GB RAM version and MediaTek Helio P22 SoC for the 4GB RAM version and 32GB / 64GB storage that is further expandable with a dedicated microSD slot and packs a 3500mAh battery with rocket charge fast charging that offers 2 hours calling from just 10 minutes of charge. It has a 2.5D glass back that offers light & shadow from different angles.
TECNO CAMON i4 specifications
- 6.217-inch (1520 x 720) pixels) HD+ display with 500 nits brightness
- 2GHz Quad-Core MediaTek Helio A22 12nm processor with IMG PowerVR GE-class GPU / 2GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P22 (MT6762) 12nm processor with 650MHz IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 2GB / 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- HiOS 4.6 based on Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 2MP camera, 8MP 120° ultra-wide camera, quad LED flash
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, AI Face Unlock
- Dimensions: 156.9×75.8×7.96mm
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, GPS
- 3500mAh battery
The TECNO CAMON i4 comes in Midnight black, Aqua Blue, Nebula Black and Champagne Gold colors, is priced at Rs. 9599 for the 2GB RAM with 32GB storage version, Rs. 10,599 for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version and the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version with Helio P22 costs Rs. 11,999. It is available from stores offline starting today.
Commenting on the launch, Arijeet Talapatra, CEO, TRANSSION India said:
Being a young consumer-centric smartphone brand in the most diverse and thriving market in the world, we have received unprecedented love and demand for CAMON series in India which is built on the Indian consumer insight that 89% buyers consider the camera as the top specification while buying a smartphone (source: CMR Mobile Industry Consumer Insights survey 2019). Over the past couple of years, Indian consumers have seen significant improvements in the smartphone camera technology and while the dual-rear camera trend has been well established in the mid-range segment, going forward in 2019 the key focus will be on multiple cameras and artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities that will become a must-have feature on every device in the 7-15K segment.