Lenovo has announced Z6, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in the ‘Z series’ in China. It has a 6.39-inch OLED waterdrop notch screen with 93.1% screen-to-body ratio, HDR10 support, is powered by Snapdragon 730 with up to 8GB of RAM, runs Android Pie with ZUI 11 on top, has a 24-megapixel primary camera with Sony IMX576 sensor and f/1.8 aperture, effective 1.8um pixel through four-in-one pixel binning, 8MP telephoto lens for 2x loss-less zoom and up to 8x hybrid zoom, and a 5-megapixel depth sensing lens for portrait shots. There is also a 16-megapixel front camera AI beauty features.
It has a roll cage design, similar to the ThinkPad laptops, features G2+ curved frame and uses ICM process and 10 layers of nano-scale coating creating a 3D dazzling effect on the back. It has a 7.97mm slim body, weighs just 159 grams, features an in-display fingerprint scanner and packs a 4000mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging.
Lenovo Z6 specifications
- 6.39-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) FHD+ OLED HDR10 Display with DCI-P3 Color Gamut
- Octa Core (2.2GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 730 Mobile Platform with Adreno 618 GPU
- 6GB RAM with 64GB / 128GB storage, 8GB RAM with 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with ZUI 11
- Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 24MP rear camera with Sony IMX576 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 8MP Telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture for 2x loss-less zoom, 5MP depth of field lens with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 157 x 74.5 x 7.97mm; Weight: 159g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with up to 18W fast charging
The Lenovo Z6 comes in Blue color, is priced at 1899 yuan (US$ 276 / Rs. 19,020 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version, 2099 yuan (US$ 305 / Rs. 21,030 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the top-end 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 2499 yuan (US$ 363 / Rs. 25,040 approx.). It is now available for order and goes on sale in China from July.