Aipower, a new company has been teasing its new Wearbuds, which it claims as the world’s first wristband-housed true wireless earbuds. Today the company has officially announced the device, which is now available for pre-order on crowdfunding platform Kickstarter.
Highlights of Aipower Wearbuds
- Qualcomm chipset with aptX codec, Bluetooth 5.0 technology and fine-tuned graphene-augmented drivers for clear audio output
- Supports mono mode for fast and easy hands-free phone calls with one or both earbuds.
- Fitness band with 7-axis accelerometer (including a pressure sensor) can track your steps, calories burnt, monitor heart rate and sleep pattern
- 0.96-inch (160 x 80 pixels) 65k color touchscreen offers instant access to all data and notifications (including sedentary reminder)
- Fitness reports are saved in the Aipower app
- Band offers on-wrist smartphone notifications which are customizable for calls, texts, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, and Instagram
- Skin-friendly silicone enhances the comfort of the wristband, and hybrid silicone allows the ear-tips are able to achieve more effective passive noise cancellation.
- Earbuds can be placed in the fitness tracking wristband which can also charge the earbuds, so you don’t need to carry a separate charging case.
- Water resistant (IPX6)
- 35mAh battery on each earbud offers up to 5.5 hours of battery life, 12 hours with the band
- 160mAh battery on the band offers up to 7 days of battery life
The Aipower Wearbuds come in Shiny Black, Shiny White and Glossy White colors, is available for pre-order from Kickstarter at $49 (Only 500 units as Super Early Bird) / $69 (Only 1000 units as Early Bird) and will be available at $99 for other backers (Kickstarter special price). It will ship starting from September 2019 globally and is backed by a 2-year limited warranty.