Huami Technology has announced Amazfit Smart Watch 2 at an event in China, as it had promised. It has a 1.39-inch AMOLED touch screen withMicrocrystalline Zirconium Ceramic Frame, is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2500 with 512MB of RAM and has support for eSIM for 4G VoLTE calling through all the major operators in China such as China Telecom and China Unicom. It promises up to 28 hours of battery life on 4G.
The watch can automatically track 10 sports activities, comes with narrowband network technology (NB-IoT) so it doesn’t require you to connect the watch and phone over Bluetooth, so that you can report emergency health events in real time, and it can send important data such as low heart rate, atrial fibrillation and fall detection. There is also an ECG edition that can store up to 60 minutes of ECG data locally for up to 7 days.
The company has also introduced Avengers Limited Edition with custom theme and band. It will make only 5000 of these.
Amazfit Smart Watch 2 specifications
- 1.39-inch (454 X 454) AMOLED 326PPI screen with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.1GHz Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2500
- 512MB LPDDR3 RAM, 4GB eMMC
- AMAZFIT OS with support for Android 4.4 or iOS10.0 and above
- Sports, Activity and Sleep tracking
- Low-power BioTracker PPG sensor, ECG monitor (ECG Edition only), Accelerometer, Geomagnetic sensor, Ambient light sensor
- Water and Dust resistant (IP68)
- 4G VoLTE (via eSIM), WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS+GLONASS+BDS, NFC
- Speaker, microphone
- 420mAh lithium ion polymer battery with up to 28 hours of battery life on 4G
The Amazfit Smart Watch 2 is priced at 999 yuan (US$ 144 / Rs. 10,020 approx.) for the standard edition, 1299 yuan (US$ 187 / Rs. 13,030 approx.) for the ECG edition, and the Avengers Limited Edition costs 1499 yuan (US$ 216 / Rs. 15,040 approx.).