After AQUOS R2 Compact last year, Sharp has announced AQUOS R3 smartphone with dual-notch design with front camera at the top of the display and fingerprint sensor at the bottom. It has a 6.2-inch Quad HD+ IGZO LCD screen with 120GHz refresh rate, is powered by Snapdragon 855 with 6GB of RAM, runs Android Pie, has a 12.2MP rear camera along with a 20.1MP secondary 125° ultra-wide camera.
SHARP AQUOS R3 specifications
- 6.2-inch Quad HD+ (3120 × 1440 pixels) 19.5:9 IGZO LCD 2.5D curved glass display, 120Hz refnresh rate
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.84GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485) with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM, 64GB storage (UFS), expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12.2MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, 78° wide-angle lens, OIS, 20.1MP secondary camera with f/2.4 aperture, 125° ultra-wide lens
- 16.3MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dolby Atmos
- Dimension:156 x 74 x 8.9mm; Weight: 185g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3,200mAh battery with fast charging, wireless charging
The SHARP AQUOS R3 comes in Premium Black, Platinum White, Elegant Green, Pink Amethyst and Luxury Red colors and will be available from early summer through all the major carriers (NTT DoCoMo, au, Softbank) in Japan. The company has not announced the pricing yet.