ZTE’s nubia brand introduced the Alpha as the world’s first wearable Smartphone with a flexible, wrap-around display at the MWC, after it was teased IFA 2018 in Berlin. Today it launched it in China, as it had promised. It also said that it is working with China Unicom to launch a 5G version soon.
nubia Alpha specifications
- 4.01-inch flexible OLED display from Visionox
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100 platform
- 1GB RAM, 8GB storage
- 5MP camera with 82-degree wide-angle lens, f/2.2 aperture
- Built-in speaker and microphone
- Exercise and health assistant, sleep and run tracking, music playback.
- Heart rate sensor
- 4G with eSIM for voice calling, WiFi and Bluetooth
- 500mAh battery with 1-2 days of battery with regular use or up to a week of standby time
It also launched nubia pods true wireless earbuds in partnership with 1MORE in China, after it was showcased at the MWC.
nubia pods specifications
- Bluetooth 5 with Qualcomm AptX
- LDS Laser antenna for stable Bluetooth connectivity
- 45-degree ergonomic design, 6.2g light-weight body
- MEMS microphone
- 55mAh battery offers 6.5 hours of playback, 24 hours with the 410mAh battery on charging case
The nubia Alpha is priced at 3499 yuan (US$ 520 / Rs. 36,255 approx.) for the 4G Black version and the 4G Gold version with band plated in 18k gold costs 4499 yuan (US$ 669 / Rs. 46,620 approx.). It will be available in China from April 10th. nubia pods cost 799 yuan (US$ 118 / Rs. 8,280 approx.) and will go on sale on the same day. All buyers get a free nubia pods with the Alpha on first sale.