Huawei has introduced Y6 2019, the company’s latest smartphone in the ‘Y series’. It has a 6.09-inch HD+ Dewdrop notch display with 87% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by MediaTek Helio A22 SoC with 3GB of RAM, runs Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI. It has a 13-megapixel camera on the back with f/1.8 aperture and an 8-megapixel front camera with front flash toning light assisted by screen light that promises accurate portrait even in low light conditions.
The Sapphire Blue colour shines like starlight with new material hides reflective particles as small as 15 microns to diffract light and produce a bright colourful effect. There is a leather-like finish on the golden version and the phone also comes in Midnight Black version. It doesn’t have a fingerprint sensor, but comes with face unlock. It has dedicated dual SIM and microSD card slots and packs a 3020mAh battery.
Huawei Y6 / Y6 Pro 2019 specifications
- 6.09-inch (1560 x 720 pixels) HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display, 1000:1 Contrast ratio
- 2GHz Quad-Core MediaTek Helio A22 12nm processor with IMG PowerVR GE-class GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF, f/1.8 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, flash
- Dimensions: 156.28×73.5×8.0mm; Weight: 150g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 3020mAh (typical) battery
The Huawei Y6 2019 is already on sale in Russia for 9,770 Russian Rubles (US$ 148 / Rs. 10,515 approx.). It is also available in Phillipines as Y6 Pro 2019 for 6,990 Philippine Piso (US$ 134 / Rs. 9,565 approx.).