Sony Mobile just announced Xperia 1, the company’s latest flagship smartphone at the MWC 2019. It has the world’s first smartphone 6.5-inch 21:9 CinemaWide 4K HDR display offering bright colors with BRAVIA X1 for mobile. It has Creator mode that uses industry-leading technology to ensure consistent colour reproduction, so movies and TV shows are as the creator intended. It also has Dolby Atmos. It is powered by Snapdragon 855 with 6GB of RAM.
It has triple 12-megapixel rear cameras that include 16mm super wide-angle lens, 26mm normal lens with dual photo diode image sensor and RAW noise reduction and a 52mm lens for portrait and 2x optical zoom. It is also the world’s first smartphone with Eye AF and up to 10FPS AF/AE for precision focus and high speed shooting. The Cinema Pro, powered by CineAlta offers 21:9 Movie recording in 4K HDR that promises best results – even in backlit scenes or low light. It has Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection on the front and the back, side-mounted fingerprint sensor and packs a 3330mAh battery.
Sony Xperia 1 specifications
- 6.5-inch (1644x3840pixels) 4K OLED HDR Display with 21:9 aspect ratio, TRILUMINOS Display for mobile, X-Reality for mobile, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 128GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 512GB via microSD card
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Single / Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with Exmor RS sensor, 1/2.6″ sensor, f/1.6 aperture, Hybrid OIS/EIS, 1.4μm pixel size, Predictive capture, 12MP f/2.4 aperture 1/3.4″ 1.0μm 135° ultra wide-angle, 12MP f/2.4 aperture 1/3.4″ 1.0μm 45° telephoto lens, Hybrid OIS/EIS, 2x optical zoom, 960 fps Super slow motion
- 8MP front-facing camera with 1/ 4″ Exmor RS sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, 84° wide-angle lens
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speaker, DSEE HX, LDAC, Dolby Atmos
- Side-mounted Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 167 x 72 x 8.2mm
- Water Resistant (IP65/IP68)
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- 3300mAh Battery with Qnovo Adaptive Charging technology, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, Qi Wireless charging
The Sony Xperia 1 comes in Black, Purple, Grey and White colors, is priced at at £799 (US$ 1,045 / Rs. 74,270) and will roll out from late spring in the US and in the coming weeks in Europe.