After ZTE Iceberg earlier this year, Sharp has announced AQUOS R2 Compact smartphone with dual-notch design with front camera at the top of the display and fingerprint sensor at the bottom. It also has face reconition, 5.2-inch full HD IGZO LCD display and has a compact body with a width of 64mm making to easy to hold.
SHARP AQUOS R2 Compact specifications
- 5.2-inch Full HD+ (2,280 x 1,080 pixels) 19:9 IGZO LCD 2.5D curved glass display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4X RAM, 64GB storage (UFS), expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 22.6MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.9 aperture, OIS
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Water and dust resistant (IPX 5 – IPX8 / IP6X)
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimension: 131 x 64 x 9.3mm; Weight: 131g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 2,500mAh battery with fast charging
The SHARP AQUOS R2 Compact comes in Smoke Green, Deep White and Pure Black colors and will go on sale in Japan after mid-January 2019. Pricing will be revealed closer to the launch.