After Redmi Note 5 Pro and Mi TV 4 55-inch 4K TV price hike earlier this year, Xiaomi India MD Manu Jain today announced that it will increase the price of Redmi 6, Redmi 6A, 10000mAh Mi Powerbank 2i and Mi TV (32″ Pro & 49″ Pro) from today midnight. Xiaomi blames depreciation of the rupee (by ~15% since the beginning of the year) for the significant increase. The company at the launch of Redmi 6 and 6A smartphones and Mi LED TV 4 Pro series said that it might increase the price of the devices after two months.
Mi Fans! INR has depreciated against US$ by ~15% since the beginning of this year, resulting in significant rise in input costs.
We are adjusting the prices of Redmi 6, Redmi 6A, Mi Powerbank 2i & Mi TV (32″ Pro & 49″ Pro).
Aiming to always provide honest price! Details below: pic.twitter.com/ldOQasO4IH
— Manu Kumar Jain (@manukumarjain) November 10, 2018
- Xiaomi Redmi 6A (2GB + 16GB) – Rs. 6599 (Rs. 600 increase)
- Xiaomi Redmi 6A (2GB + 32GB) – Rs. 7499 (Rs. 500 increase)
- Xiaomi Redmi 6 (3GB + 32GB) – Rs. 8499 (Rs. 500 increase)
- Xiaomi Mi LED TV 4C Pro 32″ – Rs. 15999 (Rs. 1000 increase)
- Xiaomi Mi LED TV 4A Pro 49″ – Rs. 31999 (Rs. 2000 increase)
- Xiaomi 10000mAh Mi Power Bank 2i Black – Rs. 899 (Rs. 100 increase)