OnePlus just launched its flagship OnePlus 6T smartphone at an event in Delhi, as it had promised. It was introduced at an event in New York yesterday, and packs a 6.41-inch Optic AMOLED display with a tiny notch that also houses three-in-one ambient/distance/RGB sensor and front-facing camera. It has about 86% screen-to-body ratio and is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 6.
It is powered by Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform with up to 8GB of RAM, same as the OnePlus 6, but the base version of the 6T now comes with 128GB storage, instead of 64GB. It has a 16-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX519 sensor, f/1.7 aperture, OIS as well as EIS, 20-megapixel secondary camera with Sony IMX376K sensor and f/1.7 aperture ad a 16-megapixel Sony IMX 371 sensor, same as the predecessor. It comes with Nightscape mode that can recognize night scenes and delivers brighter, more vivid images with more clarity and less noise. This will be coming to OnePlus 6 via software update soon.
It runs Android 9.0 (Pie) with OxygenOS 9.0 with support for Android’s full screen gestures and support for Smart Boost technology that improves app start speeds to 5 to 20% by storing data from frequently used apps in the phone’s RAM. It has an in-display fingerprint sensor, which it calls ‘Screen Unlock’ that can also be used to to quick launch apps using the customizable app shortcut bar. The company says that the in-display fingerprint sensor can unlock the phone in 0.34 seconds. It also has face unlock to unlock the phone in 0.4 seconds.
The company has retained the alert slider from the predecessor, however it doesn’t have a 3.5mm audio jack, so you have to rely on the bundled USB Type-C to 3.5mm adapter, USB Type-C earphones or Bluetooth headphones. It has a 3,700 mAh battery with OnePlus’ Dash Charge (5V 4A) fast charging. It has a glass back and comes in Mirror Black version that has Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection. The Midnight Black version which also has a glass back, but with matte finish.
OnePlus 6T specifications
- 6.41-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio Optic AMOLED display with 100.63% sRGB color gamut, DCI-P3 color gamut, over 600 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with OxygenOS 9.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 16MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, 1/2.6″ Sony IMX519 sensor, 1.22μm pixel size, OIS, EIS, secondary 20MP camera with Sony IMX376K sensor, f/1.7 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 480 fps slo-mo at 720p, 240 fps at 1080p, 4k at 60 fps
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX 371 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Daily Water-resistance
- USB Type-C audio, Bottom-facing speaker, Dirac HD Sound
- Dimensions: 157.7×74.8×8.2mm; Weight: 185g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3700mAh battery with Dash Charge (5V – 4A)
The OnePlus 6T comes in Mirror Black and Midnight Black. The 6GB RAM with 128GB version is priced at Rs. 37,999, 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs Rs. 41,999 and the top-end 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs Rs. 45,999. It will goes on sale in India exclsuively on Amazon.in as well as oneplus.in from November 1st midnight. It will go on open sale from November 3rd through OnePlus.in, Amazon, OnePlus stores, Reliance Digital and Croma stores offline.
- Rs. 2000 instant discount on purchase of OnePlus 6T on Amazon.in with ICICI Credit / Debit and Citi Credit cards for limited period
- No cost EMI for 6 months on Amazon.in between 1 and 5 November
- Rs. 1000 cashback in the form of Amazon Pay balance on purchase using any prepaid payment method between November 1, 2018 to November 5, 2018
- Rs 5400 instant cachback in the form of 36 cashback vouchers of Rs 150 for Jio users that can be redeemed to recharge Jio plan of Rs.299
- Accidental and Liquid Damage Protection insurance worth Rs.2000 free on opening a Kotak 811 Account from November 2, 2018 to June 30, 2019
- Pay 6% for any eBook and get upto a maximum discount of Rs. 500 eBook promotion credits between November 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018