After teasing the company’s flagship Honor Magic 2 smartphone at the Honor Play global launch in August, the company earlier this month confirmed that the phone will be launched in China on October 31st. It already confirmed slide-out design, which it calls Magic Slide full screen with high screen-to-body ratio, now the phone has been certified by TENAA in China that reveals the complete specifications of the phone.
This reveals a 6.39-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display with ultra narrow bezels, Kirin 980 SoC with up to 8GB of RAM, Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.0, 16-megapixel primary rear camera, 24-megapixel secondary camera and a 16-megapixel camera which is probably a telephoto lens.
There is also a 16-megapixel front camera along with two TOF lenses for 3D face unlock. It doesn’t have a microSD card slot. It is not clear if it will come with an in-display fingerprint sensor in addition to the 3D face unlock. It already confirmed 40W safe super fast charge with 15 layers of safety protection and auto identification of 3 critical parts, the certification reveals a 3400mAh battery.
Honor Magic 2 rumored specifications
- 6.39-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) FHD+ AMOLED 19.5:9 Display
- HUAWEI Kirin 980 (2 x Cortex A76 2.6 GHz + 2 x Cortex A76 1.92 GHz + 4 x Cortex A55 1.8 GHz) processor with 720 MHz ARM Mali-G76MP10 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB storage/ 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.0
- 16MP rear camera, 24MP secondary camera, 16MP Telephoto lens, LED flash
- 16MP front camera, 2 TOF lenses for 3D face unlock
- Dual SIM
- Dimensions: 157.32×75.13×8.3mm; Weight: 206g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz) (wave2), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), NFC, USB Type-C (GEN1)
- 3400mAh battery with 40W SuperCharge
The Honor Magic 2 will come in Black color. We should know the price when it goes official next Wednesday.