Earlier this month LG announced that it will introduce its flagship V40 ThinQ smartphone on October 3rd. We had already seen renders of the smartphone, now have the first press render of the phone, thanks to @evleaks. This reveals a notch design, triple rear cameras, dual front camera, fingerprint sensor on the back and a metal frame with a dedicated Google Assistant button below the volume rockers.
The triple rear cameras will include Telephoto lens, wide-angle lens, 2x zoom and AI features. It is also said to feature dual front cameras and run Android 9.0 (Pie) out of the box.
LG V40 ThinQ for AT&T pic.twitter.com/uMsxdsnXf0
— Evan Blass (@evleaks) September 26, 2018
LG V40 ThinQ rumored specifications
- 6.4-inch (3120 x 1440 pixels) 19.5:9 FullVision OLED Display with 109% DCI-P3 color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (V40+ ThinQ) storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with LG UX
- 12MP rear camera with f/1.5 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, 16MP camera with f/1.9 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, 12MP camera with f/2.4 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, Dual LED flash
- 8MP front camera, secondary 5MP camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Water, dust resistant (IP68), MIL-STD 810G certified
- 3.5mm audio jack, 32-bit Advanced Hi-Fi Quad DAC, DTS: X 3D Surround Sound, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 158.7 x 75.8 x 7.79mm; Weight: 169g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3,300mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge, Wireless charging
The launch event starts at 5PM on October 3rd (2:30 AM IST on October 4th) in NYC. We should know all the details when the phone goes official next Wednesday.