Xiaomi, along with the Mi 8 Lite also introduced the Mi 8 Pro with a pressure-sensitive in-display fingerprint sensor. This only activates the unlocking process once you place your finger on the screen, which is faster and more power-efficient and is 29% faster compared to the in-display fingerprint sensor on the Mi 8.
Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro specifications
- 6.21-inch (2248 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:7:9 AMOLED display with 600 nits brightness, 60000:1 contrast ratio, DCI-P3 color gamut
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 12MP rear camera with 26mm wide-angle lens, 1/2.6″ Sony IMX363 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, dual-tone LED flash, 4-axis OIS, Optical zoom, 4K video recording, secondary 12MP rear camera with Samsung S5K3M3 sensor, f/2.4 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, 2X zoom
- 20MP front-facing camera with real-time AI portraits
- IR Face unlock, Pressure sensitive fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 154.9×74.8×7.6mm; Weight: 177g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, Dual-frequency (L1+L5) GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3000mAh (typ) / 2900mAh (min) battery with Quick Charge 4+ fast charging
The Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro comes in Sunset Gold, Black and Transparent Titanium version, is priced at 3199 yuan (US$ 466 / Rs. 33,945 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 3599 yuan (US$ 525 / Rs. 38,192 approx.). It is available for order today and goes on sale in China from September 21st.