After the A3s that was launched in India recently in two version, OPPO has launched the A5 smartphone in that was introduced in China last month. It has similar specifications as the A3s, including a 6.2-inch HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio display with a notch and 87.8% screen-to-body ratio, Snapdragon 450, ColorOS 5.1 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo), 13-megapixel rear camera along with a secondary 2-megapixel camera for portrait shot and 8-megapixel front camera with AI beautify features that intelligently recognizes 296 facial features, but this has 4GB of RAM.
It has a dazzling illusion texture on the back and it uses nano-scale microcrystalline technology. It packs a 4230mAh battery that promises 14 hours of video playback and 11 hours of gaming.
OPPO A5 specifications
- 6.2-inch (1520 x 720 pixels) 18:9 FullView 2.5D curved glass display
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 450 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- ColorOS 5.1 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, secondary 2MP camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture
- Dimensions: 156.2×75.6×8.2mm; Weight: 168g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB OTG
- 4230mAh (typical) / 4100mAh (minimum) built-in battery
The OPPO A5 comes in Blue and Red colors, is priced at Rs. 14990 and will be available from online and offline stores starting tomorrow.
Commenting on the launch, Will Yang, Brand Director, OPPO India, said:
As a brand, OPPO is committed to offering consumers a product that syncs with their demands. Our focus has always been on enhancing the smartphone experience for the Indian consumers. With A5, we wish to bring a smartphone that comes with features that meet the current demands of the young generation. Along with advanced features like dual camera, super full screen and extensive battery, the OPPO A5 has been designed to enable consumers to capture every moment perfectly.