Samsung just announced Galaxy Note9 smartphone at its New York event, as it had promised. It comes with a 6.4-inch Quad HD+ Super AMOLED Display – an end-to-end, bezel-less screen that extends to the phone’s sides, similar to the Note8. It has 12-megapixel rear camera with variable aperture tech that uses f/1.5 aperture for night shots for a brighter picture and f/2.4 aperture for normal shots in daytime as well as a secondary 12MP Telephoto lens for live focus for bokeh effect with background blur, similar to the S9+.
It has Iris scanner, similar to the predecessor, and the fingerprint sensor is now present below the camera, like the S9 series. It s also water resistant up to 1.5 meters of water for 30 minutes with IP68 ratings. It also has Bixby assistant that was first introduced with the S8 series and also has a dedicated Bixby hardware button.
It also has an improved S Pen stylus with Bluetooth support that has a button on its surface along with a clicker on the bottom that lets you take selfies and group pictures, present slides, pause and play video, and more. Samsung also said that it will open it to developers later this year so that they can integrate the S Pen’s Bluetooth functionalities into their apps.
It has stereo speakers tuned by AKG and support Dolby Atmos, similar to the S9 series. It also has AR Emoji that uses machine learning to analyse and map more than 100 facial features to create a 3D model that reflects and imitates expressions. Samsung has finally increased the battery capacity to 4000mAh, which is largest on its flagship device till date. This supports both wired Adaptive fast charging as well as wireless fast charging.
Samsung Galaxy Note9 specifications
- 6.4-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display with 516ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC with Adreno 630 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9810 processor with Mali G72MP18 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 512GB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Single / Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP primary rear camera with f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, LED Flash, 960fps super slo-mo, 12MP secondary rear camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP auto focus front-facing camera with wide-angle lens, f/1.7 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 161.9 x 76.4 x 8.8mm; Weight: 201g
- BLE S Pen: 5.7 x 4.35 x 106.37mm; Weight: 3.1g
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 4000mAh battery with fast charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
The Samsung Galaxy Note9 comes in Midnight Black, Lavender Purple, Metallic Copper with matching S Pen, and Ocean Blue with a Yellow S Pen. It is priced at $999.99 (Rs. 68,750 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the 8GB RAM with 512GB version costs $1,249.99 (Rs. 85,940 approx.) in the U.S. and will be available from August 24, 2018 with pre-orders starting on tomorrow, August 10, 2018.