OPPO has launched its flagship Find X smartphone at an event in India, as it had promised. It has a 6.42-inch Full HD+ AMOLED Panoramic Arc Screen with 19:5:9 aspect ratio and 93.8% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by Snapdragon 845 with 8GB of RAM and runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) with ColorOS 5.1 on top. It has a motorized sliding dual rear cameras with a 16-megapixel primary and a 20-megapixel secondary camera set up with LED flash, OIS, AI portraits and AI Scene Recognition technology that can identify 800 scenes. The company says that the sliding mechanism has been tested over 300,000 times for durability.
It has 3D face unlock, which it calls O-Face Recognition. This uses 3D Structured Light Technology which scans 15,000 facial points. It is 20 times safer than fingerprint recognition for unlocking the phone, says OPPO. It has a 25-megapixel front camera with AI that intelligently analyzes features such as face, nose, and eyes, etc. to naturally personalize selfies. The 3D lighting technique offers artistic portraits.
There is also 3D Omoji, similar to Apple’s Animoji. This will capture your facial expressions in real time to accurately present you in a fun way, and lets you share it, says OPPO.
It has a 3D glass body with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection both on the front and the back. It packs a 3730mAh battery with support for VOOC flash charge fast charging technology that promises 2 hours of talk time with 5 minutes of charge.
OPPO Find X specifications
- 6.42-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 19:5:9 aspect ratio Panoramic Arc display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2.5GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 8GB RAM, 256GB storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with ColorOS 5.1
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, OIS, secondary 20MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 25MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- USB Type-C audio, DSP module, NXP noise reduction
- Dimensions: 156.7 × 74.3 × 9.4mm; Weight: 186g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, USB Type-C
- 3,730mAh (typical) / 3645mAh (minimum) battery with VOOC flash charge fast charging
The OPPO Find X comes in Bordeaux Red and Glacier Blue colors, is priced at Rs. 59,990 and will be available exclusively from Flipkart online as well as offline retailers starting from August 3rd with pre-orders starting from July 25th. Those who pre-order the phone will get a gift voucher worth Rs. 3000. The company said that it will launch the Find X Lamborghini Edition in India soon.