OnePlus has released new beta updates (Beta 13 for the OnePlus 5 and Open Beta 11 for OnePlus 5T) for the OnePlus 5 and 5T smartphones that finally brings support for Project Treble. The company said that it has finally found a solution to bring Treble support after several months of evaluation and hard work, even though last year it said that old devices won’t get Project treble. The update also brings new user interface, accent color customization and improvements to launcher. Check out the complete changelog below.
- A brand new user interface
- Supported accent color customization
- Feel free to customize any color you like with a color wheel
- Entry: Settings – Display – Customization
- Supported Project Treble
- After several months of evaluation and hard work, we finally found a solution to make this possible, and we are very excited to share this good news with you.
- Improved search tags in the app drawer
- Added “New installs” category tag in the app drawer
- Improved app list for hidden space and toolbox
- Optimized logic for the contacts page
- Brand new design with improved user experience
If you’ve already flashed a previous Open Beta build, you will receive this update via OTA. “As this build supports Project Treble, if you are not running Open Beta 12 for OnePlus 5 and Open Beta 10 for OnePlus 5T, make sure you flash the builds before updating. If not, you should clear all data and cache from recovery before flashing the latest build,” said OnePlus.