Xiaomi has announced the Redmi 6 Pro the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in the Redmi series, as it had promised. It packs a 5.84-inch FHD+ 19:9 aspect ratio display with a notch, is powered by Snapdragon 625 with up to 4GB of RAM, runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI on top, a 12-megapixel rear camera with flash along with a secondary 5-megapixel camera for AI portraits and AI scene detection. There is also a 5-megapixel front camera with AI portrait and AI Face unlock.
It has dedicated dual SIM and microSD slots and packs a 4000mAh battery.
Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro specifications
- 5.84-inch (2280×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display with 500 nits brightness, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 84% NTSC Color Gamut
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 32GB/64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX486 sensor, 1.25um pixel size, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, secondary 5MP camera with Samsung S5K5E8 sensor, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.2 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 149.33×71.68×8.75mm; Weight: 178g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery
The Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro comes in Rose Gold, Gold, Blue, Black and Red colors, is priced at 999 yuan (US$ 156 / Rs. 10,520 approx.)and for the 3GB with 32GB storage version, 1199 yuan (US$ 184 / Rs. 12,510 approx.) and for the 4GB RAM with 32GB storage version and the 64GB version of it costs 1299 yuan (US$ 199 / Rs. 13,555 approx.). It will go on sale in China from tomorrow, June 26th.