Vivo has announced Y81, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in the ‘Y Series’, soon after the Y83, which was launched in India earlier this month. It has similar specifications, including a 6.22-inch HD+ screen with 19:9 aspect ratio, 2.15mm narrow bezels and 88% screen-to-body ratio, MediaTek’s latest Helio P22 Octa-Core 12nm SoC, 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, portrait mode, but this comes with a 5-megapixel front camera and 3GB of RAM, compared to 8-megapixel camera and 4GB of RAM in the Y83.
It runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) with Funtouch OS 4, but it doesn’t have a glossy mirror back on the Y83. It omes with dedicated dual SIM and microSD slots and packs a 3260mAh battery, but it doesn’t have a fingerprint sensor.
Vivo Y81 specifications
- 6.22-inch (1520×720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 IPS 2.5D curved glass display
- 2GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P22 (MT6762) 12nm processor with 650MHz IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Funtouch OS 4.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture
- Dimensions: 155.21x 75.24 x 7.7mm ; Weight: 146g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS
- 3260mAh battery
The Vivo Y81 comes in Black color and is priced at 4,990,000 Vietnamese dong (US$ 220 / Rs. 14,960 approx.). No details about the global roll out yet.