Huawei’s Honor brand along with the Honor Play, also introduced the new Honor 9i smartphone in China. It has a 5.84-inch FHD+ 19:9 display with a notch, is powered by Kirin 659 SoC with 4GB RAM and runs Android 8.0 (Oreo) with EMUI 8.0, similar to the Huawei P20 Lite or Nova 3e, but this has a 13-megapixel rear camera along with a 2-megapixel secondary camera for portrait shots and a 16-megapixel camera on the front.
The company has promised to bring GPU Turbo graphics processing acceleration technology to the phone via OTA update by July 30th. This increases graphics processing efficiency of mobile phones for smoother and faster mobile experience, especially for mobile games.
Honor 9i 2018 specifications
- 5.84-inch (1080 x 2280 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Kirin 659 processor (4 xA53 at 2.36GHz + 4 x A53 at 1.7GHz) with MaliT830-MP2 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB / 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) with EMUI 8.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, secondary 2MP camera
- 16MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 149.2×71.8×7.7mm; Weight: 152g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS / GLONASS
- 3000mAh (typical) / 2900mAh (Minimum) battery
The Honor 9i 2018 comes in Black, Blue, Green and Purple colors, is priced at 1399 yuan (US$ 218 / Rs. 14,640 approx.) for the 64GB version and the 128GB version costs 1699 yuan (US$ 265 / Rs. 17,780 approx.). It is available for pre-order in China and goes on sale from tomorrow.