Huawei Honor brand at the Honor Play launch event introduced new GPU Turbo graphics processing acceleration technology that combines hardware and software to increase graphics processing efficiency on its smartphones.
Highlights of GPU boost
- Reconstructs the traditional graphics processing framework at the lower layer system, greatly improving the user experience.
- Improves graphics processing efficiency by 60% while reducing the SoC (System on Chip) energy consumption by 30%, exceeding the limits of the balance between smartphone performance and energy consumption.
- Honor devices achieve outstanding graphics quality with GPU Turbo, even if the mobile game application does not support HDR (High Dynamic Range) imaging.
- Will benefit mobile games that demand high graphics processing efficiency, enhancing the speed and optimizing users’ gaming experience dramatically.
- Will become the core capability of Honor smartphones, resulting in an excellent integration between smartphone hardware and EMUI software, as well as a smoother top layer graphics application.
- Can support AR and VR in the future and can be applied in the sectors including virtual teaching, online shopping and telemedicine to create the best visual experience for users.
GPU Turbo will be firstly introduced to Honor Play that was laucnhed today in Beijing. It will be rolled out via software update to Honor smartphones, such as the Honor 10, Honor View10, Honor 9 Lite and Honor 7X globally.
Commenting on the announcement, George Zhao, President of Honor, said:
We’re thrilled to achieve this technology breakthrough as Honor has been strived to provide the best user experience to our global customers. With this GPR Turbo, we are confident that we can highly improve our market advantages by significantly enhancing our graphics processing efficiency and offering the impeccable mobile experience.