After rumors, Huawei has finally introduced the Watch 2 2018, successor of last year’s Watch 2. Even though the design and specifications are the same, this has support for eSIM instead of a nano SIM in last year’s 4G version of the Watch 2. This lets you call, send and receive messages and use 4G for apps without connecting it to a phone. Watch and phone share a single number similar to the Apple Watch 3. It also comes with dual microphones for improved call quality, but you can also connect it to a Bluetooth headset to make calls.
Huawei says that its technology doesn’t cause a lot of radiation. It has a ceramic bezel, and a new crown design with a shortcut key to enter sport mode to make a quick selection of exercise, however you can customize it to launch another app. It can track eight kinds of exercise, offers real-time continuous heart rate monitoring, built-in GPS and the FIRSTBEAT motion algorithm offers training plan for you, providing exercise guidance. It has support for Huawei Pay that supports several banks and payments via Alipay, WeChat and more.
Huawei Watch 2 2018 specifications
- 1.2-inch (390×390) circular AMOLED display with 328 ppi, Gorilla Glass 3
- 1.1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100
- 768MB RAM, 4GB internal storage
- Android Wear 2.0, supports Android 4.3+, iOS 8.2+
- Sensors: 3-axis A + G sensor, 3-axis Gyroscope, 3-axis Compass, Ambient Light Sensor, Barometer, Heart Rate Sensor (PPG)
- Dual Microphones, Speaker
- Water and Dust resistant (IP68)
- Dimensions: 45x48x12.6mm
- 4G LTE with voice calling via eSIM , WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS+Beidou, NFC
- 420mAh battery, Fast charging
The Huawei Watch 2 2018 comes in Black color, is priced at 1988 yuan (US$ 310 / Rs. 20,915 approx.) for the eSIM version, 4G nano SIM version costs 1888 yuan (US$ 294 / Rs. 19,860 approx.) and the standard Bluetooth version costs 1688 yuan (US$ 263 / Rs. 17,750 approx.). It is available from Vmall in China.