OPPO has announced A3, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in China, as rumored. This has a similar 6.23-inch Full HD+19:9 aspect ratio display with 88% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by MediaTek Helio P60 with up to 6GB RAM, runs on ColorOS 5.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo) and has a 16-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, as the F7, but this has an 8-megapixel front camera instead of 25-megapixel front camera on the F7.
It has multi-layered metallic and glass back cover that replicates a diamond-like glow and light refractions, with triangular-cut patterns that shimmer bright and dark shades when seen from different angles. It doesn’t have a fingerprint sensor, but has face unlock that can unlock the phone in just 0.08 seconds.
OPPO A3 specifications
- 6.2-inch (2280 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 IPS display
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio P60 (MT6771) 12nm processor (Quad 2GHz Cortex A73 + Quad 2GHz Cortex A53 CPUs) with 800MHz ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- ColorOS 5.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash
- 8MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dirac HD
- Dimensions: 156×75.3×7.8mm ; Weight: 159g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 3400mAh (typical) / 3300mAh (minimum) battery
The OPPO A3 comes in Black, Silver, Red and Rose Gold colors, is priced at 1999 yuan (US$ 315 / Rs. 21,020 approx.) for limited period, after that it will cost 2,099 yuan. It is already available in China.