Last week Sharp said that it will introduce AQUOS S3 smartphone in Vietnam on March 28th, now the company has announced that phone in Taiwan early. It pack a 6-inch FHD+ display with a notch and has 91% screen-to-body ratio, and the company says that it is the most compact smartphone with a 6-inch screen. It is powered by Snapdragon 630 with 4GB RAM, runs Android 8.0 (Oreo) with Smile UX, has a 12-megapixel primary rear camera with f/1.75 aperture, 1.4um pixel size, dual-tone LED flash, similar to the S2, but has have a 13-megapixel secondary camera for portrait shots, instead of 8-megapixel in the predecessor. It also offers 2x loss-less zoom.
There is a 16-megapixel front camera with support for face unlock that scans 1024 facial points to unlock the phone in 0.1 seconds. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the curved glass back and packs a 3200mAh battery with support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0.
SHARP AQUOS S3 specifications
- 6-inch (2160×1080 pixels) Full HD+ display with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass protection, 135% RGB ultra-wide color gamut,1500:1 contrast ratio, 550 nits brightness
- Octa Core Snapdragon 630 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Cortex A53 + Quad 1.8GHz Cortex A53 CPUs) with Adreno 508 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- Smile UX based on Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- 12MP rear camera with wide-angle lens, f/1.75 aperture, 1.4um pixel size, dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, secondary 13MP camera with telephoto lens
- 16MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 148.2 x 74.2 x 7.98 mm; Weight: 165.44g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3200mAh (typical) / 3100mAh (minimum) battery with Quick Charge 3.0
The SHARP AQUOS S3 comes in Black color, is priced at NT$ 11,990 (US$ 412 / Rs. 26,710 approx.) and will go on sale from April 1st in Taiwan.