Last year at the IFA Western Digital Corporation introduced SanDisk Ultra 400GB microSDXC world’s highest-capacity microSD card. This week at the MWC it has introduced SanDisk Ultra 400GB microSDXC world’s fastest UHS-I microSD card offering 160MB/s read speed. It also meets the Application Performance Class 1 (A2) requirements to help launch and load apps faster, compared to A1.
Western Digital said that it has achieved this speed by leveraging its proprietary technology. The company said that bigger capacity and faster speed will help users enjoy immersive virtual reality app, or capturing 4K footage on a smartphone or drone without any issues.
Highlights of SanDisk Extreme 400GB microSDXC UHS-I card
- Read Speed: up to 160 MB/s
- Write Speed: up to 90 MB/s
- A2 spec allows the new card to manage random read input-output access per second (IOPS) of 4000 and write IOPS of 2000
- Speed Class 3 (U3) and Video Speed Class 30 (V30) ratings
- 400GB microSDXC card lets you store up to 10 hours of Full HD video
- RescuePRO Deluxe data recovery software download makes it easy to recover files that have been accidently deleted
- Waterproof, temperature-proof, shockproof, and X-ray proof
No details about the pricing or availability of the card yet.