Huawei’s Honor brand today launched Honor 9 Lite, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in India, as it had promised. It was introduced in China last month and packs a 5.65-inch full HD+ full-screen display with 18:9 aspect ratio, is powered by Kirin 659 SoC, similar most other mid-range Huawei and Honor phones, but this runs on Android 8.0 (Oreo) with EMUI 8.0 out-of-the-box.
It comes with a 13-megapixel front and rear cameras along with a secondary 2-megapixel rear camera to capture depth information for portrait shots. It has a metal frame, glass back, has a fingerprint sensor on the back that can unlock the phone in 0.25 seconds and packs a 3000mAh battery.
Honor 9 Lite specifications
- 5.65-inch (2160 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Kirin 659 processor (4 xA53 at 2.36GHz + 4 x A53 at 1.7GHz) with MaliT830-MP2 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) with EMUI 8.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, LED flash, secondary 2MP camera, PDAF
- 13MP front-facing camera, secondary 2MP camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 151× 71.9 × 7.6mm; Weight: 149g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS / GLONASS
- 3000mAh battery (typical)
The Honor 9 Lite comes in Black, Blue, Grey and Black colors, is priced at Rs. 10,999 for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version and the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs Rs. 14999. It will be available exclusively from Flipkart and Honor Store starting from January 21st. It will offer 10% instant cashback on Citi Bank Debit and Credit Cards as a part of launch offer.
Check out the unboxing here.