HMD Global today announced Nokia 6 (2018), the company’s latest mid-range smartphone and the successor of last year’s Nokia 6, smartphone in China, as expected. It has a 5.5-inch 1080p 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, is powered by Snapdragon 630 Mobile platform, runs on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), which is upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo), has a 16-megapixel rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has Dual-Sight technology that uses both front and rear cameras simultaneously directly from your camera app to create Bothie – a split screen visual for both photos and videos. It has a unibody design with 6000 series aluminium chassis created using two-color anodization process and diamond cutting technology.
The fingerprint sensor has been moved to the back in the second-generation Nokia 6 and it also gets rid of the capacitive touch buttons on the front in favor of on-screen buttons. It packs a 3000mAh battery with support for fast charging that can charge the phone up to 50% in 30 minutes
Nokia 6 (2018) specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2.2 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 630 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 508 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32GB / 64GB (eMMC 5.1) internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, 1.0um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, 1.12 pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 84° wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 148.8 × 75.8 × 8.15-8.6mm; Weight: 172g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 5, GPS, USB Type-C
- 3000mAh built-in battery with fast charging
The Nokia 6 (2018) comes in Black and Silver colors, is priced at 1499 yuan (US$ 230 approx. / Rs. 14,655 approx.) for the 32GB storage version and the 64GB storage version costs 1699 yuan (US$ 262 approx. / Rs. 16,610 approx.) . It is now available for pre-order from Suning and goes on sale from January 10th in China. No details about the global roll out yet.