Meizu today announced that it will introduced Meizu S6, a new mid-range smartphone in the new ‘S series’ in China on January 17th. The company already confirmed that it will feature an 18:9 display. AnTuTu listing reveals that it will be powered by upcoming Hexa-Core Samsung Exynos 7872 SoC with Mali-G71 GPU, come with HD+ screen and Android 7.0 (Nougat) OS.
Earlier rumors revealed a 5.7-inch HD+ 18:9 display, side-mounted fingerprint sensor and a 2930mAh battery. No word on the cameras yet.
Get ready for the Meizu M6s! pic.twitter.com/INjol46dAd— MEIZU M-series (@MEIZU) January 4, 2018
Meizu M6s / S6 rumored specifications
- 5.7-inch (1440 × 720 pixels) HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display
- Hexa-Core Samsung Exynos 7872 14nm processor with Mali-G71 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with FlyMe OS 6.0
- Dual SIM
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 152 × 72.54 × 8mm
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 2930mAh battery
The Meizu S6 is expected to come in a range of colors. We should know more details before the phone goes official in a couple of weeks.
[Update: The Meizu S6 will be released as M6s globally, and the company has released an invite for the same.]