Xiaomi just announced the launch of a new Redmi smartphone on November 30th, few weeks after the launch of new Redmi Y1 and Redmi Y1 Lite in the new ‘Y series’ in the country. The company is calling it Desh Ka Smartphone, so it will likely be the a budget smartphone. This could the Redmi 5A that was introduced in China last month as the successor to the Redmi 4A. Even the image in the teaser looks somewhat similar to the Redmi 5A.
It could be launched under a different name or it might entirely be a different smartphone, which we will have to wait to see since the Redmi 4A is still on sale in the country.
Xiaomi Redmi 5A specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display with 1000: 1 contrast ratio, 72% (typ) / 68% (min) color gamut
- 1.4GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 425 processor with 500MHz Adreno 308 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1 (Nougat) with MIUI 9
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 140.4 x 70.1 mm x 8.35 mm; Weight: 137g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 3000mAh (typical) / 2910mAh (minimum)
The Xiaomi Redmi 5A comes in Platinum Silver, Champagne Gold and Rose Gold colors and was introduced for 599 yuan (US$ 90 / Rs. 5880 approx.) in China. We will have to wait for one more week to find out Xiaomi’s plans.