Xiaomi just announced Redmi 5A, its latest budget 4G smartphone in the Redmi series and the successor of last year’s Redmi 4A in China without much changes. It has a 5-inch HD display, is powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 425 processor and runs on MIUI 9 based on Android 7.1 (Nougat). It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with PDAF, LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has a hybrid dual SIM slot and comes with a unibody design with Metal-like matte finish, but it doesn’t have a fingerprint sensor, similar to the predecessor. It packs a 3000mAh built-in battery.
Xiaomi Redmi 5A specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display with 1000: 1 contrast ratio, 72% (typ) / 68% (min) color gamut
- 1.4GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 425 processor with 500MHz Adreno 308 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1 (Nougat) with MIUI 9
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 140.4 x 70.1 mm x 8.35 mm ;Weight: 137g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 3000mAh (typical) / 2910mAh (minimum)
The Xiaomi Redmi 5A comes in Platinum Silver, Champagne Gold and Rose Gold colors and is priced at 599 yuan (US$ 90 / Rs. 5880 approx.). It will go on sale in China starting today.