OnePlus rolled out the Android 8.0 (Oreo) update for the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T smartphones last month . Now it has released new Oreo-based open betas (Beta 18 for OnePlus 3T and Beta 27 for OnePlus 3) that brings new UI for DND, optimizations for standby battery usage, performance improvements along with bug fixes and optimizations
OnePlus says there might be couple of UI bugs that show as blank spaces in certain areas of the UI sometimes. Check out the complete changelog below.
- New UI for Do Not Disturb
- We’ve made the Do not Disturb setting easier to understand
- Optimized standby battery usage
- Smart Text Selection improvements
- This option should now work as intended
- General performance improvements
- Updated OnePlus and GMS applications
- We’ve updated OnePlus Gallery, and fixed some bugs in Weather, Recorder, and File Manager
- Updated Google security patch (October 2017)
- Other bug fixes and optimizations
- Updates to language localization, fixes for extended screenshot in some applications, bluetooth performance enhancements, camera gesture fixes, and memory optimizations
The update is 322MB in size for the 3 and 325MB for 3T and these still have October Android Security update. If you’ve already flashed a previous Open Beta build, you will receive this update via OTA. If you haven’t, you will need to flash this manually by downloading it from downloads.oneplus.net.