OPPO just announced F5, the company’s latest selfie-focused smartphone at an event in Philippines, as it had promised. It has a 6-inch full HD+ 18:9 full-screen display and has a 20-megapixel front-facing camera with A.I. beauty recognition technology that scan 200 facial recognition spots to beautify a selfie shot perfectly and also offers bokeh effect. It also has face unlock feature to quickly unlock the phone.
It has a unibody metal design, comes with dedicated dual SIM and microSD card slots and packs a 3200mAh built-in battery. It comes with O-share file sharing technology that promises 100 times faster transfers compared to Bluetooth.
OPPO F5 specifications
- 6-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) 18:9 FHD+ full-scren 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2.5GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P23 16nm processor with 800MHz ARM Mali G71 MP2 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 32GB storage, 6GB RAM with 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.1 (Nougat) with ColorOS 3.2
- Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1/2.8″ sensor
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.5 x 76 x 7.5mm; Weight: 152g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3200mAh built-in battery
The OPPO F5 comes in Gold, Black and Red (6GB RAM version) colors, is priced at 15990 Philippine Peso (US$ 307 / Rs. 19,985 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 32GB storage version and will be available for pre-order starting today till November 3rd and goes on sale from November 4th in Philippines. OPPO already confirmed that the phone will launch in India on November 2nd. It will also be available in Russia and the Southeast Asian markets of Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Thailand, and Vietnam in November. OPPO will release F5 6GB edition and the F5 Youth later.
Commenting on the announcement, ice President of OPPO International Mobile Business Sky said:
The A.I. Beauty Recognition technology is simply emulating the abilities of a professional photographer, who would bring years and years of technical skills and experience when taking a portrait. An F5 user thus gains that similar ability to capture selfies that are of the highest quality.
The personalization is also important, because the blanket or one-style-for-all problem with today’s beautification software is also solved. For example, enhancements will not be soft or feminine for male subjects. Children or babies will not receive enhancements that make them look like adults.