Samsung just announced Galaxy Tab Active2, successor of the first Galaxy Tab Active that was introduced back in 2014. It is MIL-STD-810 certified to survive excessive pressure, temperatures, environments, vibration and drops. It has 1.2m anti-shock inbox protective cover, IP68 water and dust resistance and better display touch mode for gloved and wet touch.
It comes with biometric authentication including a new fingerprint scanner offering improved security authentication and facial recognition for convenient hands-free access. It has S Pen stylus support that function in extreme working conditions since it is also IP68 certified. It comes in both WiFi and 4G versions and has 4,450mAh user replaceable battery.
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active2 specifications
- 8.0-inch (1280 x 800 pixel) WXGA TFT display
- 1.8GHz Octa-core Samsung Exynos 7870 processor with Mali T830 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.1 (Nougat)
- 8MP auto focus rear camera with LED flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- IP68 certification for dust and water resistance, 1.2m Anti-shock with inbox protective cover, MIL-STD-810G
- Fingerprint Sensor
- S Pen (IP68 Certified, 4096 Pressure Level, Air Command)
- Dimensions: 127.6 x 214.7 x 9.9mm; Weight: 415g (Wi-Fi) / 419g (LTE)
- 4G LTE (Optional), Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz+5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS / GLONASS, NFC, USB 2.0 Type C
- 4,450mAh (User-replaceable) battery
The Samsung Galaxy Tab Active2 comes in Black color and will be available from October 2017 in select markets. No details about the price yet.