LG unveiled the 2017 range of K-series phones back in December last year. Now the K8 2017 is available from offline stores, according to Mumbai-based retailer Mahesh Telecom. It has a 5-inch HD 2.5D curved glass display and also has a fingerprint sensor, but the Indian variant has a 1.25GHz quad-core processor, which could be MediaTek MT6737 SoC, instead of Snapdragon 425. It runs on old Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) instead of Android 7.0 (Nougat) in the Snapdragon version.
LG K8 2017 specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) 2.5D curved glass in-cell touch display
- 1.25GHz Quad-Core processor
- 2GB RAM, 16GB Internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, 1/3″ sensor, f/2.2 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions:147.1×72.5×8.2mm; Weight: 144g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 2500mAh removable battery
The LG K8 2017 comes in Blue and Gold colors and is priced at an MRP of Rs. 11,000, but it is available at an MOP of Rs. 9999 from retail stores. Official launch is expected soon.