HMD Global introduced its Nokia 3, Nokia 5 and Nokia 6 Android smartphones in India back in June. The Nokia 3 was the first phone in the series to go on sale in the country in June for Rs. 9499. At the launch the company said that other phones will be available in July, but later it confirmed that they will be available only in mid-August.
Today the company has announced that the Nokia 5 will be available through offline stores starting tomorrow, August 15th. Nokia 6 that will go on sale from August 23rd recently got 1 million registrations on Amazon.in since July 14th.
Nokia 5 specifications
- 5.2-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD 2.5D sculpted Corning Gorilla Glass display, 500 nits brightness
- 1.4 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 430 Mobile Platform with Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GBGB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) OS
- Dual SIM
- 13MP autofocus rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12um pixel size
- 8MP autofocus front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12um pixel size, 84-degree wide-angle lens
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 149.7 x 72.5 x 8.05 mm
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 3000mAh battery
The Nokia 5 comes in Matte Black, Silver, Tempered Blue and Copper colors and was launched for Rs. 12,899. It will be available at a best buy price of Rs. 12,499.
Launch offers for Nokia 5
- Vodafone consumers get 5GB data per month @ Rs. 149 per month for 3 months
- Rs. 2500 off (Rs. 1800 on hotels & Rs.700 off on domestic flights) on Makemytrip.com
Commenting on the sale of Nokia 5, Ajey Mehta, Vice President- India, HMD Global, said:
As a result of the sophistication in smartphone functionality and services, we spend more time than ever before on our phones. People today want something that fits in the palm of their hands and they want something that will go the distance. Nokia 5 is the ultimate pocketable phone at 5.2 inches with a very unique design.