Live images of upcoming Samsung Galaxy S8 Active (SM-G892A) surfaced recently, now detailed specifications of the phone has surfaced along with press images. This shows the flat screen phone with the same 5.8-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED display, Snapdragon 835, 4GB RAM, 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera and a 8MP front camera as the Galaxy S8.
This will have IP68 ratings for dust and water resistance and will also come with MIL-STD 810G standard for durability.
As rumored earlier, this will have a 4000mAh battery, same as the S7 Active. The Active Key is replaced by Bixby button.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Active rumored specifications
- 5.8-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED display with 570ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 with Adreno 540 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable memory with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, 1/2.55″ sensor size, OIS, 1.4µm pixel size
- 8MP auto focus front-facing camera with f/1.7 aperture, 1/3.6″ sensor size, 1.22µm pixel size, 80-degree wide-angle lens
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
- Water and dust resistant (IP68) + MIL-STD-810G
- Dimensions: 152.14x 74.9×9.9mm; Weight: 207g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth v 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 4000mAh battery with fast charging
The Samsung Galaxy S8 Active is expected to come in Meteor Gray and Titanium Gold and should head to AT&T in the U.S. soon.