Nokia 9 flagship smartphone made by HMD Global with model number TA-1004 had surfaced on Geekbench earlier this month. The phone was expected to be powered by a Snapdragon 835 processor with 4GB of RAM, 64GB of storage and will run Android 7.1. Now, the company has decided to the cancel the 4GB RAM variant of the phone, as per latest filing with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
According to a request letter, HMD Global has asked for a change of model number from TA-1004 to TA-1012. The letter further mentions that there is no change in the construction, design of the model.
Nokia 9 rumored specifications
- 5.3-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) display with 530-nits brightness
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU
- 6or 8GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- 13MP (RBG) + 13MP (Monochrome) dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED Flash, OIS, EIS 3.0, 4K video recording
- 8/12MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, notification LED
The Nokia 9 is said to be introduced sometime in early Q3 2017.