Motorola just announced the Moto Z2 Play, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone, as expected. It has a 5.5-inch 1080p Super AMOLED display, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 626 processor, runs on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), has a 12-megapixel rear camera with Dual autofocus pixels plus laser autofocus that promises good low-light shots. It also has a 5-megapixel front-facing camera and has dual-tone LED flash for both front and rear cameras.
It has a 5.99 mm ultra-slim aluminum unibody design and packs a 3000mAh built-in battery with Turbo Charging that lets you charge the phone up to 50% in just 20 minutes.
It has support for Moto Mod connectors, similar to the predecessor. Moto has introduced new JBL SoundBoost 2 mod with 10 hours of playtime built right into it. It has water-repellent coating and has fabric body. There is also a new TurboPower mod that has 15W fast charging built into it. It has a button on the back along with LED indicators. It can charge the phone up 50% in just 20 minutes says the company.
The Moto Gamepad Mod was first introduced at the MWC adds physical gaming controls to the phone for hardcore mobile gamers.
There are also Moto Style Shells with Wireless Charging (up to 10W) in a variety of finishes.
Moto Z2 Play specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2.2GHz GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 626 processor with Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM with 64GB storage / 3GB LPDDR3 RAM with 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- Single / Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, Dual-Pixel Autofocus, Laser Auto focus, f/1.7 aperture, 4K video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture, dual-tone LED flash
- Water repellent nano-coating
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 156.2 x 76.2 x 5.99mm; Weight: 145g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- 3000mAh battery with Turbo charging
The Moto Z2 Play comes in Lunar Gray, Nimbus Blue and Fine Gold colors and starts at $499 (Rs. 32130 approx.). It will be available from Brazil today for R$ 1,999 (US$ 616 / Rs. 39725 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB version.
Moto TurboPower Pack Mod is priced at US$79.99 (Rs. 5150 approx.), Moto Style Shell with Wireless Charging costs US$39.99 (Rs. 2575 approx.), JBL SoundBoost 2 costs US$79.99 (Rs. 5150 approx.) and the Moto GamePad is priced at US$79.99 (Rs. 5150 approx.). These new Mods will be available globally this summer.