Huawei’s Honor Brand today introduced Honor Play Tab 2 in 9.6 and 8-inch versions with HD displays. These are powered by Quad-Core Snapdragon 425 Mobile Platform, run Android 7.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 5.1, 5-megapixel auto focus rear camera and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera.
These have 7.95mm slim unibody metal design and come with both WiFi and 4G LTE versions. The 8-inch version has an earpiece for voice calling and the 9.6-inch version has hands-free calling in the LTE versions.
Honor Play Tab 2 8-inch / 9.6-inch specifications
- 8-inch (1280 × 800 pixels) IPS display with 58% NTSC color gamut
- 9.6-inch (1280 × 800 pixels) IPS display with 16:10 aspect ratio, 50% NTSC color gamut
- 1.4GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 425 with 500MHz Adreno 308 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB internal storage, 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD) (in 4G version)
- 5MP auto focus rear Camera
- 2MP front-facing Camera
- Dimensions (8-inch): 211.07 x 124.65 x 7.95 mm; Weight: 350g
- Dimensions (9.6-inch): 229.8 x 159.8 x 7.95 mm; Weight: 460g
- 4G LTE (with voice calling in 4G version), Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS / aGPS
- 4800mAh battery
The Honor Play Tab 2 comes in Gray and Silver colors and is priced at 799 yuan (US$ 116 / Rs. 7520 approx.), 999 yuan (US$ 145 / Rs. 9405 approx.) and 1299 yuan (US$ 188 / Rs. 12,230 approx.) for 2GB + 32GB WiFi, 2GB + 32GB LTE and 3GB + 32GB LTE SKUs of 8-inch variant, respectively. The 2GB + 32GB WiFi, 2GB + 32GB LTE and 3GB + 32GB LTE SKUs of 9.6-inch variant are priced at 999 yuan (US$ 145 / Rs. 9405 approx.), 1299 yuan (US$ 188 / Rs. 12,230 approx.) and 1499 yuan (US$ 217 / Rs. 14,110 approx.), respectively. These tablets will go on sale in China from June 1st.