Huawei’s Honor brand just announced Honor 6A, a new budget smartphone with 4G VoLTE support in China. It has a 5-inch HD display, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 430 Mobile Platform, runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 5.1, has a 13-megapixel rear camera with PDAF offering focus in 0.5 seconds and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has a unibody metal design, has a fingerprint sensor on the back that can unlock the phone in 0.5 seconds. It has a 3020mAh battery that promises up to 12 hours of video playback or 57 hours of music playback on a single charge.
Honor 6A specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage / 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 5.1
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF, 28mm 5P lens, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 143.7 x 70.95×8.2mm; Weight: 143g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 3020mAh (typical) battery
The Honor 6A comes in Gold, Silver, Blue and Pink colors and is priced at 799 yuan (US$ 116 / Rs. 7,500 approx.) for the 2GB RAM with 16GB storage version and the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version costs 999 yuan (US$ 145 / Rs. 9,375 approx.). It will be available from June 1st in China.