LG today announced X Venture, the company’s latest smartphone in the ‘X Series’. It has IP68 ratings for water and dust resistance, has passed 14 MIL-STD 810G tests designed for the U.S. military, is resistant to extreme temperatures, shock and water, and can be immersed in 1.5m of water for up to 30 minutes.
In terms of specifications, it has a 5.2-inch 1080p display, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 435 Mobile Platform, runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat) and also has a fingerprint sensor on the front with hardware buttons on either sides.
There is also a QuickButton on the side allows for easier interaction with the phone while wearing gloves or in wet or muddy environments. It works differently depending on how it’s pressed — short press for Outdoor Essentials, long press for settings and double press to toggle Glove Mode to recognize screen taps and swipes with gloved fingers. QuickButton can be customized to launch any other application and works even when the screen is off.
It has Outdoor Essentials, a multi-purpose application with six useful tools in a single application that includes a active lifestyle app with barometer, compass, activity counter (steps/calories/distance), exercise tracker, weather reporter and flashlight.
LG X Venture specifications
- 5.2-inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) Full HD display
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 435 (4 x Cortex A53 1.4GHz + 4 x Cortex A53 1.1GHz) with Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash
- 5MP front-facing camera with 120-degree wide angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions:154.0 x 75.8 x 9.29mm ; Weight: 166.5g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS / GLONASS
- 4100mAh battery with Quick Charge 2.0
The LG X Venture comes in Black and Brown colors and first goes on sale in the U.S. through AT&T starting May 26 for $11 per month for 30 months, or about $330 (Rs. 21,375 approx.). It will also be available in Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America in the coming weeks.