Press render of the Moto Z2 Play surfaced last month, and the specifications of the smartphone were revealed by @evleaks earlier this month. Now the smartphone has been certified by China’s TENAA confirming the specifications and also reveals the model number as XT1710. Lenovo even confirmed that the smartphone will have a 3000mAh battery in tweet to a user, compared to 3510mAh battery on the Moto Z Play.
It is much thinner than the predecessor at just 5.99mm at its thinnest point and will also be lighter at 145 grams. Earlier rumors point to Octa-Core Snapdragon 626 Mobile Platform and a large fingerprint sensor below the display. This is expected to offer easy navigation using One button nav feature, similar to latest Moto G5 series of phones.
Moto Z2 Play rumored specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD AMOLED display
- 2.2GHz GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 626 processor with Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, Dual-Pixel Autofocus, Sony IMX362 sensor, f/1.7 aperture, 4K video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera with OmniVision OV5695 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, dual-tone LED flash
- Water repellent nano-coating
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 156.2 x 76.2 x 5.99mm; Weight: 145g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC
- 3000mAh (typical) / 2820mAh (minimum) battery with Turbo charging
The Moto Z2 Play will come in Lunar Gray and Fine Gold colors. Moto C and Moto C Plus in the new lineup were revealed last week. Other Moto phones in the Moto E, Moto G, Moto Z and the Moto X series are expected to be announced sometime in Q2 or Q3 2017.