Xiaomi introduced new Mi TV 4 series at the CES 2017 earlier this. It has finally launched these TVs in China that come in 49-inch, 55-inch, and 65-inch sizes and have 4K panel with support for HDR. These have a 4.9mm slim frameless design and the top-end 65-inch model also comes with Dolby Atmos audio technology with 2 up-firing speakers, that are basically pointed at the ceiling which reflects the sound to provide a 3-dimensional experience.
Xiaomi Mi TV 4 49-inch / specifications
- 49-inch (3840 x 2160 pixels) 4K display with 178-degree viewing angle, 9 ms (LG), 1200: 1 contrast ratio
- 55-inch (3840 x 2160 pixels) 4K display with 178-degree viewing angle, 8 ms (Samsung), 6000: 1 contrast ratio
- 65-inch (3840 x 2160 pixels) 4K display with 178-degree viewing angle, 8 ms (Samsung), 5000: 1 contrast ratio
- 49-inch and 55-inch – 1.8GHz quad-core Amlogic T968 Cortex-A53 processor with 750MHz Mali-T830 MP2 GPU
- 65-inch – 1.8GHz quad-core Amlogic T966 Cortex-A53 processor with 750MHz Mali-T830 MP2 GPU
- 49-inch and 55-inch – 2GB DDR4 dual-channel RAM, 8GB internal memory (eMMC 5.1)
- 65-inch – 3GB DDR4 dual-channel RAM, 32GB internal memory (eMMC 5.1)
- MIUI TV with PatchWall AI based on Android
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 / 5GHz) 2X2, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, Mi Port, 2 x HDMI (49-inch) / 3 x HDMI 2.0 (55 and 65-inch), AV, 1 x USB 2.0 x 1, USB 3.0 x 1, Ethernet
- Supports H.265 4K at 60 / 30 fps, H.265 1080P at 60 fps, H.263 1080P at 30 fps, MPEG1 / 2/4 DivX4 the VC-1 / WMV3 1080P at 60 fps, REAL 8/9/10 1080P at 30 fps
- 2 x 6W speakers for DOLBY AUDIO DTS-HD (49-inch) / 2x 8W speaker for DOLBY AUDIO DTS-HD (55-inch) / 4 x 2.25-inch midrange
2 x 20-pin dome + 2 x 1.5-inch central and 2 x 3-inch high-frequency speakers for DOLBY ATMOS DTS-HD
The 49-inch, 55-inch and 65-inch Mi TV 4 series are priced at 3499 yuan (US$ 507 / Rs. 32,970 approx.), 3999 yuan (US$ 580 / Rs.37,680 approx.) and 9999 yuan (US$ 1450 / Rs. 94,220 approx.), respectively. These are now available for order from Mi Store in China and goes on sale from June 1st.