Huawei has silently unveiled Y7, the company’s latest budget smartphone in the ‘Y Series’. It was introduced as Enjoy 7 Plus in China recently, has a 5.5-inch HD 2.5D curved glass screen, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 435 Mobile platform, runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 5.1, has a 12-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, PDAF for quick 0.3-second focus and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has a unibody metal design and packs a 4000mAh that promises up to 20 hours of video back and browsing time of up to 15 hours.
Huawei Y7 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 435 processor (4 x Cortex A53 1.4GHz + 4 x Cortex A53 1.1GHz) with Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 Nougat with EMUI 5.1
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF, 1.25 μm pixel sensor
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions:153.6 x 76.4 x 8.35mm ; Weight: 165g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS / GLONASS
- 4000mAh battery (typical)
The Huawei Y7 comes in Grey, Prestige Gold and Silver colors. No details about the price or rollout details yet.