Meizu just launched M5, its latest smartphone in the ‘M series’ in India. It was introduced in China back in October last year and packs a 5.2-inch HD 2.5D curved glass screen, is powered by a 1.5 GHz octa-core 64-bit MediaTek MT6750 processor and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) based FlyMe OS. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) that lets you focus in just 0.2 seconds and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It also has a mTouch 2.1 fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button that can unlock the phone in 0.2 seconds, has a polycarbonate body and a 3070mAh battery.
Meizu M5 specifications
- 5.2-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD 2.5D curved glass display, 1000: 1 contrast ratio
- Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750 (4 x 1.5GHz A53 + 4 x 1.0GHz A53) processor with Mali T860 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR3 RAM, 32GB (eMMC 5.0) storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with FlyMe OS
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, 5P lens
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 4P lens
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- Dimensions: 147.28 × 72.8 × 8.15mm; Weight: 138g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS / GLONASS
- 3070mAh battery
The Meizu M5 comes in Champanage Gold and Sapphire Blue colors in India, is priced at Rs. 10,499 and is available exclusively from Tatacliq.com.
Commenting on the launch, Leon Zhang, Meizu Marketing Head, South Asia said:
We had launched M5 in China market a few months ago and within a short span of time, this particular model bought various accolades for Meizu’s M series. This overwhelming response further inspired us to introduce this device in Indian market which evidently is one of the key markets for Meizu.
With this launch we have added another channel partner that you can buy Meizu m5 from –Tatacliq.com. This association is a significant effort of Meizu to reach out more consumers through partnering with India’s one of most trustworthy online sales platforms. Besides, the unprecedented growth of Tata Cliq of tapping almost every section of target audience has motivated us a lot and this partnership would definitely empower us to break in grounds in terms of gaining market share and generating revenues. It will also be a seamless shopping experience for Meizu fans.